Archive One (Build 10): Document Sets Feature
Organizing information via regular folders has its limitations. Some documents can be legitimately associated with several places. However, placing a document in multiple places will require duplication and this can be a big administrative nightmare. This is just one of the reasons why we added the Document Set feature in Archive One.
Document Sets are similar to folders, but they’re actually a content type. A Document Set is a group of related documents that are stored as one unit.
Through a document set, you can group multiple related documents that support a task or project and work on this group of documents as a single entity. It can be used for employee and client files, ISO compliance requirements, and project documents, among others.
What you can do with Document Sets in Archive One
- Group documents together without having to segment them off into their own folder.
- Easily classify and organize related documents.
- Simplify the management of compliance requirements and be able to track if a requirement is compliant, incomplete, or expired.
- Assign owners to a document set. Only the admin and the document set owners can access the document sets.
- Access to certain files within the document sets can be restricted if a user doesn’t have access on a folder-level.
- Assign a code, annotate, and set the validity of a document and identify if a document is mandatory or not.
Use Case for Document Sets
ISO 9001 Requirements Compliance.
Out of roughly 22,000 ISO standards, ISO 9001 is one of the most popular ISO standards for creating, implementing, and maintaining a Quality Management System (QMS) for any company, regardless of the industry it belongs to, capital, or size.
Implementing and maintaining ISO 9001 requirements typically involve a lot of manual work to get right. Duplication could occur when regular folders are used, most especially when a specific requirement belongs in multiple folders.
With the use of Archive One Document Sets, ISO 9001 requirements are much easier to manage. It enables easy tracking of the status of the document sets and every compliance item in a document set. It shows if an item is compliant, incomplete, or expired.
Different requirements can be grouped based on its type in just a few steps. For instance, with the ISO 9001:2015, you can create these document sets:
- SET Name: ISO 9001: Management
- Scope of QMS
- Quality Policy and Objectives
- Management Review
- SET Name: ISO 9001: HR
- Staff Training
- Employee Information Sheets
- SET Name: ISO 9001: Records
- Internal Audit
- Non-Conformances Masterlist
- Corrective Actions Masterlist
- SET Name: ISO 9001: Procedures
- Risk Review Procedure
- Product Design Procedure
- Internal Audit Procedure
- Management Review Procedure
Archive One is a document management system (DMS) designed to help companies easily classify, store, secure, and retrieve essential company documents that are needed for retention and audits. With the help of our partners, we provide an end-to-end document management solution from scanning to document storage, at a highly competitive price.